Option redundancy

We have a lot of redundant options. For example, the grid can be switched
between Cartesian and polar both on the toolbar and in Preferences->General.
How do we want to handle this? I'm not sure whether I think these should be
simplified to only one location, or _consistenly_ made redundant between
toolbar and menu. If the latter, I still don't think they should be considered
full preferences, but rather be located perhaps under View or similar. ISTR
Wayne commented on this a while ago, but I can't find it. Thoughts?

--
Chris

Follow ups