Re: pcbnew feature: Vias on Solder Mask Layers

On 12.06.2016 20:06, Prabhu Sammandam wrote:
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
> Yes I accept. Why I am bothering is that, it is wasting the toner.
>
> I need to take two prints and stack them to make the negative film.
>
> For small PCB's its ok but for bigger PCB it is wasting so much of toner.

Hi Cheng & Prabhu,

A simple trick:
- export as SVG/PDF
- import in inkscape
- apply mirror/registration marks/negative/crop whatever you want
- print

This is the method I had been using some years ago when I did most of my
PCB using toner transfer.

Couple of other tricks:
- you can do homemade vias using car windshield heater repair kit (the
stuff to repair broken heater wires in the windows of your car, Loctite
sells it for ~20$)
- (not tested myself) I've heard that sprinkling a mix of acetone and
isopropanol instead of transferring the toner to the PCB with heat
yields much higher quality PCBs (see [1] - in polish, google translate
should be more or less readable). Must test myself one day ;-)

Cheers,
Tom

[1] http://domwlesie.eu/moje-projekty/amatorskie-plytki-transfer-chemiczny/