Re: OCE and KiCad

On 06.07.2016 09:28, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
2. What is the availability of OCE/OpenCascade on the
different platforms and how do we ensure run-time linkage?
On Linux the run-time linkage is not a problem, but I don't
know how things work on OSX and Windows is a free-for-all
which may require us to build OCE for distribution to ensure
that everything works.

This is important.  I would suggest that you check the availability of
packaged binaries on windows, linux, and osx.  If these binary packages
are not available for a given package, then you need to make sure they
build on each platform.  At a minimum they should use a build config
tool such as cmake or autotools. You can always enlist some of the devs
for help to verify if a library builds on platforms you do not have
access to.

oce 0.17.x seems to be available (and mantained) for OS X both via
MacPorts and homebrew.
I can try to build it this evening, but I don't expect it to cause any
problems (it is contained in the official repositories of both).

Regards,
Bernhard