Re: Testing Tom’s integrated ngspice simulator on Mac OSX

Hi,

just FYI, the Homebrew devs decided not to merge my PR for shared library support of ngspice.

They say it’s a bug that should be fixed upstream, as the build system that ngspice uses should be able to handle the case of building the shared library and the executable in one go.  So they consider the „fix“ that Arch Linux (and MSYS2 as well by now?) of building two times in a row a „hack“ that is not acceptable for them.

The ngspice devs say that it’s not a bug and that they won’t fix it, so everything will stay as before.

But, if I understand Orson right, as the integration now needs at least one patch not included in the ngspice stable release, I think that now it is better to use his build script than continue to fiddle with the Homebrew formula.

Best,
Johannes