Possibly broken RS274X import?

This morning I noticed a compiler warning complaining about this line:

rs274x.cpp:179:                value += digit && 0xFF;

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to say "digit & 0xFF", not "digit &&
0xFF". Thing is, I don't want to just silently change it myself, because
from what I can see things should have been Very Broken Indeed and yet
nobody has complained, so I'm curious what duct tape may be holding this
together...

Perhaps someone who knows the Gerber code could make sure I'm right and
fix it.

--
Chris

Follow ups