Re: Stable version 4.0.5

Hey Nick,

The problem with the boost 1.61 bug fix in the master branch is that it
includes c++11 code.  That's why I didn't merge it into the stable
branch.  I want to avoid c++11 in the stable 4 branch so we will have to
let package devs know that they cannot build kicad against boost >=
1.61.  If someone can fix the boost context issue without using any
c++11 code, I would accept a patch for that.

I specifically changed the version string code to accept only two
conditions for creating version strings.  Case 1 is using git to
generate the version string when KicadVersion.cmake is set to the
default which it is current.  Case 2 is that I (or the release manager)
sets the version and branch settings in KiCadVersion.cmake which
overrides the git version string.  I don't want developers setting this
as we have in the past.  Apparently package devs hate it because they
had remember to set the version and branch strings at config time when
building from source archives otherwise they end up with no-vcs-found
version string.  I see Chris added this back into the master branch but
I'm not sure I'm going to keep it.  Developers should be using the
version string generated by git and package devs should be using the
version set in KiCadVersion.cmake.  I can't see any reason for a third
option.

I will be in an out all day today so if I don't reply I'm not ignoring
you I've just got a full plate today and will respond as soon as I get a
chance.

Cheers,

Wayne