Re: [Request for Tests] Experimental icon options in Kicad

Le 21/02/2017 à 17:48, Mark Roszko a écrit :
> Ah.
>
> I had a better patch for this but I never submitted that scales the
> icons 100% to intended size regardless of the display DPI without the
> need for "size scale options".
>  wxWidgets has the functions to calcuate the correct scale, it's just
> not exposed
> to fix bitmaps in 3.0 but its in 3.1. I wrote a simple patch to make it
> work in 3.0.
>
> I'll have to go dig it up somewhere

Hi Mark,

I'll be really happy to receive your patch.

"wxWidgets has the functions to calculate the correct scale"

Are you talking about:
wxWindow::GetContentScaleFactor()
It is used in my patch.

Or do you know an other wxWidgets function which automatically rescales the bitmaps, without any
user code (as it should be and perhaps planned in wxWidgets) ?

One can have an automatic rescale of bitmaps.
And/or leave the user choose.

In fact HDPI monitors create issues, but monitors with vertical size less than 900 pixels create
also issues.
So having a "size scale options" (or something like this) makes sense.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS