Re: GerbView GAL: Ready for alpha testing; need more sample Gerber files

Le 04/03/2017 à 20:35, Jon Evans a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> My implementation of GAL into GerbView is far enough along that I would like people who use GerbView
> a lot (and have some time) to try building it and running it.
>
> http://i.imgur.com/W6afbRu.jpg
>
> You can get the code here:
> https://github.com/craftyjon/kicad.git branch: gerbview_gal
>
> The following things are still missing and will be implemented before I consider it ready to merge:
>
> - Selection of items
> - Highlighting of items (nets, etc)
> - A few edge case painting branches (need your help here with test material!)
> - Some improvements to transparency and a new "diff" display mode that I'm working on
> - DCODE display is currently not done in a good way
> - A number of code refactorings should happen under the hood before merge.
>
> I need help now in looking for rendering issues with certain Gerber files.  So far, the files I've
> tried work fine.  If you have a Gerber file that throws an ASSERT or displays differently in GAL
> than it does in legacy, please let me know, and send me the file if possible!
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

Thanks Jon, for this important work.

You have  many test files in <kicad sources>/gerbview/gerber_test_files

Each file is a test for a given Gerber feature.

Currently, apertures from aperture macros are not displayed in GAL mode.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS