Re: Footprint preview panel - faster initialization (Tom?)

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 09:47:38PM +0100, Maciej Suminski wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Are you sure this is really needed? GAL is also used in other dialogs,
> such as footprint browser or pad properties editor, and they do not seem
> to take a lot of time to load. What is the initialization time we are
> speaking about?

The load time is acceptable in other dialogs because they're used less.
When you're putting together a schematic and quickly slapping together
symbols, even a fraction of a second feels like a lot. It's currently at
~0.5s on Linux and ~1s on Windows and still just feels *laggy* when I
try to use it in a real project. It's not horrible, it's just one of
those things that slowly drive you insane. :P