Re: Build system Boost version

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 07:32:54PM -0400, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 3/26/2017 7:13 PM, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can someone please confirm authoritatively which Boost version is
> > installed on the Jenkins boxes? I recently had to "fix" my code to build
> > on Boost 1.55 [1], making it rather ugly in the process. Out of
> > curiosity I checked our documentation just now, and it claims that we
> > require 1.56 or later [2], on which my code should have worked!
>
> CMakeList.txt shows:
>
> find_package( Boost 1.54.0 REQUIRED COMPONENTS system )
>
> That seems fairly old to me but every time we bump a dependency version,
> users on older platforms get dropped.  Anyone have an idea of what a
> reasonable minimum version of boost that wont leave too many users out
> of luck?

Hmm...actually, I stand corrected. I assumed that because the docs call
for 1.56 we had already made this decision, but since you asked I just
went and checked, and apparently Debian (go figure) is still on 1.55.

I figure the documentation should be updated, then - we can't require
1.56 if Debian is on 1.55.