Re: Symbol library editor UI refactor

Le 03/04/2017 à 09:42, Maciej Sumiński a écrit :
> Hi Wayne,
>
> Does it mean I am free to push the changes? Or do you want some extra
> time for the review?
>
> Cheers,
> Orson

Hi Orson,

I have an issue with the symbol library editor UI refactor that make libedit barely usable:
Displaying the component tree is extremely time consuming (W7 32 bits) both when starting libedit
and when resizing the window tree width:

with 14 loaded libraries (the biggest are power.lib, conn.lib and 74xx.lib, others are small):
* 10 seconds to fully initialize the symbol editor (looks like the window tree init is made twice)
* 5 seconds to just resize the window tree.

Even with only one library (power.lib) loaded, the initializing time and the resizing time are
noticeable.

I do not have this issue when selecting a component in the schematic editor: the same component list
is quickly built and shown (once the footprints are loaded).

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS