Re: 3D Mouse (Spacenavigator) support

Hello, Jost!

I would be glad to test Kicad with 3D Mouse support, too.
(An Wacom Intuos Pro pen tablet is also laying around.)

how i.e. axis mapping will be abstracted across applications.
It doesn't seem appealing to me that each application on Linux will have to implement it's own 3D Mouse configuration.
On Linux, we have at least Blender, FreeCAD, Calligra using the libspnav stuff.
libspnav was initially targeted to be cross-platform, but the current status seems unknown regarding that.
There are other applications which might be worth to checkout: OpenSceneGraph, GoogleEarth and Ogre.

Some issues to consider:
- Seemless switching in between FreeCad and Kicad (and all the other 3D Mouse apps) should / need to be possible.
(I was reading lots about user level driver vs. system driver issues.)
- WGOIS and VRPN might be worth to check out?

Some more links:
http://janoc.rd-h.com/archives/74
https://github.com/vrpn/vrpn/wiki/Troubleshooting-VRPN
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/liquid-galaxy/ThdQ-g4B5g8
https://sourceforge.net/p/wgois/patches/30/
https://sourceforge.net/p/wgois/patches/34/

We are adding more and more features even some "professional" 10kEUR+ software doesn't support!
(Or they say it's all there, but the implementation is just crap.)
Great!

Regards,

Clemens