Re: [RFC] new connectivity algorithm - testers needed

On 06/23/2017 08:41 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 6/23/2017 1:01 PM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
[snip]
>> While discussing this topic, I suggest also removing unconnected nodes
>> count and board bounding box, as they are also computed on the fly.
>
> I'm not sure the unconnected nodes count should go away.  I use this
> quite often to make sure I have all of my nets routed before I run a
> DRC.  I like the connection status information in the message panel.
> I'm OK with not calculating the board board box on the fly if it's not
> required for anything.

I might not have expressed my thoughts clearly - I meant they are saved
in .kicad_pcb files the 'general' section, but it is not really
necessary. They were even set to the loaded value (think
board->SetUnconnectedNetCount(...)), but anyway it is overridden later
when the connectivity algorithm runs.

I would definitely keep the unconnected nodes count in the application,
but skip it when saving a file.

Cheers,
Orson