Re: Reorganization of standard libraries

On 2017-07-10 07:29 AM, Oliver Walters wrote:
There is an ongoing discussion as to the future of the symbol libraries.

https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-library/issues/1402

I have a couple of questions about the table on the page at the URL above.

Why are the diode and transistor libraries not listed under the section for basic devices? I could see transistors might not be considered as basic as some of the other items in that section but diodes are basic devices.

The other question is why are diodes are being split out in to a separate library and not just included in the device.lib file?

--
Cheers!

Kevin.