Re: PCBNew, Archive Footprint Menu - suggest better text

On 8/10/2017 12:56 PM, Fabrizio Tappero wrote:
> Hi Wayne,
> I understand. Maybe somebody else can clear up this issue.
>
> Regarding the "Archive Footprints in Footprint Library Table Entry", I
> am not sure people would actually know what a "library table entry",
> wouldn they? maybe "Archive Footprints in New Library"?

It's hard to say but "Archive Footprints in New Library" is misleading.
If you are choosing a library from the library table, then it already
exists.  Perhaps "Archive Footprints in Existing Library" would be less
confusing but the user will still be limited to fp lib table entries
rather than any path of the user's choosing.  I also noticed that the
dialog showing the list of fp lib table entries for the user to select
showed all of the entries rather than only the entries that the user has
write permission so there is that issue as well.