Re: Calling PCB_DRAW_PANEL_GAL::SyncLayersVisibility from python?

That's awesome, jp!
I am able to test the nightly version of Windows, so let me know (perhaps via the bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1712233) when you'd like me to test. I am currently unable to rebuild KiCad, so I rely on the nightly builds to test.

    On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 1:02 PM, jp charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Le 22/08/2017 à 19:33, Greg Smith a écrit :
> Continuing to review, it appears I am wrong. PCB_EDIT_FRAME:sLV does in fact synchronize the
> checkboxes, but also calls PCB_DRAW_PANEL_GAL::SLV to do the background synchronization of the layers.
>
> Thank you jp, and I apologize for not researching sufficiently your answer before posting.
>
> So at this point, how do we get PCB_EDIT_FRAME:sLV exposed in python?
>
> void PCB_EDIT_FRAME::syncLayerVisibilities    (        )
>
>     protected

Certainly the Python interface needs a few specific and "easy to call" methods to update the GUI and
the canvases, when a board is modified by a python script.

The "legacy" canvas is easy to update, but the GAL canvas has a lot of cached data, so it needs a
rebuild method.

I'll try to add this kind of methods. But remember: I have a (very) poor knowledge of Python.

Also, I'll not be able to work on Kicad next 3 days.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS