Re: Dealing with addition to kicad_pcb files

On 31.08.2017 19:59, Simon Küppers wrote:
> Does it make sense to maybe use something like the EAGLE DRU Format?
> Maybe make it fully compatible to it? Some fabs give you the EAGLE DRU File.

Hi all,

IMHO a warning on unrecognized token while parsing files is a must - in
many cases users run nightlies to benefit from the latest features, but
board manufacturers or companies run the stable release (due to IT
restrictions or just worries about stability). Current situation makes
this difficult (see complaints on the forum...)

As for the DRU format - I wouldn't standardize on anything proprietary.
Also Eagle's design rules are somewhat simpler than what we're aiming at
in Kicad.

Tom