Re: wxAuiNotebook vs. wxNotebook

On 9/19/2017 3:34 PM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 19/09/2017 à 20:28, Michael Kavanagh a écrit :
>> In that case since I don't see why the Aui features are needed in the About dialog I submit this
>> patch for review. I have only tested on Windows 10 so it should be tested on macOS etc. before merging.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Michael
>

> What is the benefit when changing a code that works fine and has no known issue?
>
> We already use AUI in toolbars and in a few other places.
> Moreover, although AUI management has currently some (not a lot) issues (the main issue is a lot of
> missing docs), the official target of wxWidgets 3.2 is the AUI refactory.
>
> Therefore why to convert AUI items to wxWidgets, when these AUI items work fine?

Although I understand the desire for UI consistency, I'm going to side
with JP on this one.  At some point in the future wxAui will (should?)
mature to the point where we can actually use it.  If we convert the
about dialog to  wxNotebook and then want to add wxAui support in the
future, we will just have to convert it back.