Re: latest GerbView doesn't display test file

Le 28/09/2017 à 16:13, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
> On 9/28/2017 9:45 AM, jp charras wrote:

>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> Since I cannot do anything about this proprietary non compliant EDA tool, would it be possible to support these wrong but obvious lines anyway (maybe after showing a warning) - so would you accept a patch to support the %FSD gerber code?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Clemens
>>>

>> A patch is possible, but the actual issue is:
>> What is the meaning of %FSD format?
>>
>> I saw some "Gerber" files using %FSD for a decimal format (coordinates in floating point notation),
>> that differs from your Gerber file ( that is in fact a %FSLA format, nothing else ).
>>

> Unless %FSD is an obsolete gerber command, I'm opposed to this idea on
> principle alone.  KiCad should not be in the business of supporting
> broken file formats created by other tools.  The gerber file format is a
> published standard and we should be following it as closely as possible.
>  You should file a bug report with the vendor of the program that
> created these gerber files.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wayne

In latest Gerber doc, %FSD appears in "Errors and Bad Practices" list and is clearly called Invalid
Format Statement in the "Error" section.

only %FSLA and %FSTA exit.
%FSTA is now on the deprecated list (Kicad uses the %FSLA option).

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS