Re: [FEATURE] Add keepout areas in footprints

On 10/19/2017 11:31 AM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 18/10/2017 à 16:57, Oliver Walters a écrit :
>> JP,
>>
>> Fantastic, you have worked your magic! That works much better in pcbnew now, the undo/redo is
>> working well.
>>
>> However, I still see that undo/redo for zone editing is broken in modedit.
>>
>> Oliver
>>

> Yes, because when an item belonging a footprint is modified, the footprint itself must be stored in
> undo/redo stack.
>
> In other words:
> commit.Modify( zone );
> works only for a zone belonging the board.
>
> for a zone belonging a footprint,
> commit.Modify( footprint);
> must be used.
>
> So, verify the zones added to a footprint has this footprint as parent,
> and save the parent if a zone has a parent MODULE.

I have not checked it yet, but I suppose it should be possible to modify
the BOARD_COMMIT class to automagically create a copy of a whole
footprint when used in the footprint editor. This would allow us to
write more generic code and remove the confusion.

Regards,
Orson