Re: [FEATURE] Add keepout areas in footprints

Le 05/11/2017 à 11:12, Oliver Walters a écrit :
> JP,
>
> Did you have any other things you want me to address here?
>
> Cheers,
> Oliver

Yes: I did not make a lot of tests, but I found some issues (tested on W7 32 bits):

First, Pcbnew crashed after editing (after adding a keepout) a footprint on a board in this case:
- select and edit a footprint (Ctrl+E) in fp editor: just add a keepout, and save it on the board.
- then reselect and edit this footprint a second time in fp editor: Pcbnew crashes.

Other issues in fp editor:
- modifying a keepout cannot be undone.
- The keepout layers are no selectable: I am thinking the options: Top layer, bottom layer and
internal layers (existing in the first version) is really better.
Just this is the way these layers are managed in board editor and stored in file that was not good
(especially when a board has only 2 layers: the internal layers setting was lost).

As a side effect: the look of the keepout layer dialog is not very good after resized:
- Create a keepout on a board: the dialog shows the layers list.
- After that, create a keepout in the fpeditor: the layers list is not shown, but its area exists,
and the look of the dialog is not good.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS