Re: [FEATURE] Array 3D models

Hey Oliver,

I don't think this is the way to go.  I see two primary issues.  The
first is the impact on the code clarity.  If this only stopped at your
changes, it might be fine but how many other array or grouping
permutations will happen over time making this code a huge mess?  I just
see this spiraling out of control.  The second issue is that I imagine
most users who export to step files don't want to deal with a large
array of single pin 3D models when they are using the board 3D model for
mechanical layout inside a 3D modeling application such as FreeCAD.  I
know I would rather only deal with a single connector model of a 50 pin
dual row header rather than 50 individual 3D models arranged in an
array.  To be honest, I don't find the library size to be much of an issue.

Cheers,

Wayne