Eeschema relative file handling

I noticed that when I run eeschema as a single binary rather than starting
through the kicad shell, I cannot pass a relative filename as the argument
(single_top.cpp passes the argument straight through
to SCH_EDIT_FRAME::OpenProjectFiles(), which asserts when given a relative
path).

Is this behavior intentional?  If so, why?  I can see code in
PGM_SINGLE_TOP::OnPgmInit() that converts the first argument to an absolute
path, but only if there is more than one argument.  I'm not sure the
history here, so not sure if this is a bug or desired behavior for some
reason.

Anyone opposed to me changing it so that I can pass a relative path to
eeschema and have it work?

-Jon

Follow ups