Re: New symbol table: problems with '/' characters?

This is pretty much the same issue that happened back in February (
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg27766.html ) I don't have
my launchpad logins right now to comment on it but I strongly disagree with
classifying bug #1732236 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1732236> as a low
priority. I can tell you it breaks dozens of my current designs, that is, I
can't even open them without doing some surgery to both the schematics and
libraries. I though KiCAD was supposed to be able to open designs of the
previous version?

I've not looked at what the fix was when this came up in February, but is
there a reason something similar couldn't be done now for the legacy
plugin? PCB files didn't break like this because the footprints were
embedded, eeschema now can't even load symbols from the cache if they have
slashes.