Re: MacOS 4.0.7 release oopsie

Hello,

Am 27.11.2017 um 01:23 schrieb Chris Pavlina:
> With an upcoming 5.0 I'm not sure how necessary it is to re-release
> 4.0.7 - I just want to make sure the same mistake doesn't get made for
> 5.0...

no OSX user here, but would like to add my 2 cents:

With the necessity to migrate old designs to the new schematic format, my bet is there will be a few people who will keep their 4.0.x installations to access the old designs.

Considering the for-profit-users, while I am not affected myself, I know of others who maintain "old" installations of CAD software and development environments until support contracts run out (albeit in virtual, not physical machines and not KiCad).

So you might consider it as a service to the users and something that, at some point, will be recognised and honored (or at least doen't come back to bite you).

Regards,

Ingo