Re: Simulator towards 5.0

Hi!

On 2017-12-04 21:33, Maciej Suminski wrote:
As far as I remember the simulator is enabled in Windows nightlies since
October last year. Does not it work for you?
To be honest, I havent tested the windows version, I dont really run a windows installation anywhere. I just falsely assumed If i do:

cmake ..
make
make install

That is the default package build, since it sets all the build flags to the default values, and if I do this the simulator is not running. At least I think the default values for what is going to be in v5 should be changed to reflect that, otherwise if a beginning dev does not specify those specific flags, the build will not reflect the user experience, its an uneccesary mismatch IMO. I have run the nightly with the debug flag set for a long time now, but newer seen the simulator until I actively decided to give it a whirl. There might be others.
It works for me. When I draw circuits for simulations I never edit Spice
models for passive components. Let me know if you find cases where it is
broken.
I always get a Spice_Model field as well for the passives, I havent really investigated what it does for the passives as of yet or how they relate or sync. But I do find it a bit strange that there are two fields describing the value of the passives, and it does confuse me a bit. Just thought I might bring it up before it becomes just a "quirk" with a good-enough work-around. ( like the stitch via that stuck around for very long ).
Regards,
Orson