Re: Signal integrity simulation within Kicad

On 11/29/2017 08:07 PM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> I've made a quick test program that prints most of the board's geometry
> as bare polygons. It's here:
>
> https://github.com/twlostow/kicad-dev/tree/tom-polygon-gen/qa/polygon_generator

Hi Tom,

thanks a lot for your help extracting polygons from PCBs. I plotted the
polygons on top of the PCB, green lines are all polygons from all layers.

It works fine for tracks.
For some pads, it works correctly. Other pads are somehow enlarged.
For zones, the polygons I get are always smaller than what is visible.
Could you hint me at what I have to do to get the correct polygons for
zones?

See attached pictures for an example (Olimex A64 board).

Cheers,
Andreas