Re: Component chooser performance

You could try taking a look at the symbol library enumerate call in
CMP_TREE_MODEL_ADAPTER::AddLibrary().  Run the chooser once and then set
a breakpoint at the EnumerateSymbolLib() call and see if the plugin
cache (SCH_LEGACY_PLUGIN::cacheLib()) is being deleted and reloaded.  If
it is, then something has changed in the legacy plugin.  If it is not be
recached, then there is something else in the component tree adaptor
that is causing the performance issue.  I know Orson made some changes
to work with his symbol library editor changes that were causing issues
but AFAIK he reverted them.  Maybe he didn't revert back far enough.