Re: wxStaticBoxSizer fixes

Le 11/01/2018 à 18:27, Chris Pavlina a écrit :
> Hi (@JP mostly),
>
> I see you're removing wxStaticBoxSizers [1] due to issues with KDE. Have
> you tried the fix I implemented in [2] for what I think is the same
> issue? You commented on the bug report and said it worked for you, and I
> didn't have to remove the wxStaticBoxSizer, only change a property of
> it.
>
> [1] https://git.launchpad.net/kicad/commit/?id=6f2beebf2c623b9cf85faa6deb8f65d32b8ef7ff
> [2] https://git.launchpad.net/kicad/commit/?id=6f900530204b44c0e80464ea3c752877c4ff6fc7
>
> I'm not sure exactly how this is connected to KDE, I'm quite curious
> about that - but they do seem to be wonky without that setting change.
> I'll admit I don't fully understand why my own fix works.

On KDE, I always had issues with wxStaticBoxSizers. It is not a recent issue.
But the issue is not the same as [2].

They are incorrectly vertically sized (incorrect height: a few pixels error).

And when  wxStaticBoxSizer are used in wxNotebook, when placed in page 2, they are correctly sized
only after the dialog is resized if the dialog is opened with wxNotebook page 1 selected.

of course if the dialog is opened with wxNotebook page 2 selected, wxStaticBoxSizers used in page 1
are incorrectly sized (and correctly sized after a dialog resize).

I do not have this issue on Unity.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS