Request for advice on building an exporting capability from Scheme-it to KiCad

Greetings all.

I am a developer of an online schematic/drawing tool. This tool does simple schematics, but in no way would compete with a tool like KiCad. We would however like to offer users a path for their projects if they need to go further with them. KiCad is a wonderful tool, and we would like to see what we could do
to allow users to move their work into a KiCad project.

I'm writing to ask for suggestions on how we might do this in the 'simplest' manner. If we were able to generate just a netlist (not graphical symbols or wiring), would there be a useful way to use that information in a KiCad project?

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions you might have to offer.

Regards,

Ed

Follow ups