Re: Request for advice on building an exporting capability from Scheme-it to KiCad

Hi Ed,

Thank you for interest in KiCad. The approach depends on what you want
to achieve, if you simply want to create a board basing on schematics
exported from Scheme-it, then a netlist file should be enough.
Unfortunately, I am not aware of a document describing KiCad netlist
format, but it is an ASCII file, so perhaps it will not be hard to
understand. Remember you will need to assign footprints using KiCad
library IDs to get them in the board layout editor.

Regards,
Orson