Re: Git noob question

Den 10. mar. 2018 23.36 skrev "Kevin Cozens" <kevin@xxxxxxxxx>:

On 2018-03-03 03:50 PM, Maciej Suminski wrote:

> If we are speaking about git tips - I think 'git pull --rebase' is even
> simpler in this case.

I have a script I call "gitpull" that does that but it also does a "git
stash" before the pull and a "git stash pop" after the pull.

That sounds a bit risky. Using the stash and popping can make you lose your
local changes if you decide to abort a potential merge conflict. IIRC.
Commiting changes are generally safer. Or you could use git stash apply
instead.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.