Re: Building with visual studio? looking for a tutorial.

On 12/03/18 19:10, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>  The context switching build
> issue will most likely have to be fixed yet again if we choose to go
> down this path.

Wayne,

One of the things that Windows does remarkably well is binary
compatibility. We can just provide pre-built libcontext binaries (as
well as binaries of every other dependency for Kicad), say, once a year,
and with a very high probability they will work on every Windows box out
there. I wouldn't worry much about libcontext, I'm more worried about
code that MSVC might not like in Kicad - but as Mark & Jon reported,
newer MSVC versions have fixed such interoperability issues, so I hope
things will go smoothly. Simon has been running MSVC builds for a while,
so he's likely more up-to-date than me in MSVC compatibility.

Tom