Re: What is the purpose of multiple 3D models?

Le 31/03/2018 à 18:33, José Ignacio a écrit :
> I use this feature for components that may have multiple bodies, like a battery inside a battery
> holder, or the mating board into a connector. It is great for making rudimentary assemblies as kicad
> cant place any bodies that are not associated with a component.

This is the primary purpose of this feature.

A TO3 package with its heat-sink needs six 3D shapes (for guys who really *like* realistic 3D views
of course...):
the TO3 package.
its heat-sink.
2 nuts.
2 bolts.

and to do that, adjusting X,Y and Z offsets is necessary.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS