Re: Resistor 2512 footprint [Kicad 4.07]

There are completely new footprints for such devices. (In the v5 lib)

I think the resistor lib should even be compatible with kicad 4 (it has no part with complex pads in it). At least the footprint in question is compatible.

They are now script generated [1]. The dimensions for the pads are based on IPC recommendations.

The dimensions for the resistors come from different datasheets. (The respective datasheet is always listed in the description of the footprint)

[1] https://github.com/pointhi/kicad-footprint-generator/tree/master/scripts/SMD_chip_package_rlc-etc