Re: [RFC] Remove bus joining behavior from KiCad after 5.0 release

I agree this a slightly confusing feature, which requires reading the
user manual to discover. I vote for removal, but we need a clever
migration plan to do so.

I am not sure how easy would it be to implement it, but how about the
following automatic fix:
- determine the superset of connected buses (PCA[0..15] in the user
manual example)
- determine the other bus names (ADR[0..7] and BUS[5..10])
- rename the other buses to match the superset bus (ADR->PCA, BUS->PCA)

I believe such method keeps the connectivity data intact. Obviously it
would have to be approved by the user, no silent changes.

Cheers,
Orson