Re: [RFC] Remove bus joining behavior from KiCad after 5.0 release

I think the logic you describe wouldn't be too bad to implement.
I already have logic that collects all of the labels attached to a bus
subgraph (an set of visually-connected bus wires)
I could just split the bus name from the vector numbers, figure out what
the size of the output vector should be, and propose a new name to the user.
I guess it would need a dialog box because the user should get to choose
what name comes out (there might not always be an obvious "winner", for
example if each of the three buses in the example had the same width)

If everyone else is on board with this approach, I'll make a test
implementation to share.

-Jon