Re: Serious Lib cache issue, and fix in commit 2974a2c10

On 4/16/2018 9:25 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
> Hi Wayne,
>
> I see, but I wonder if there is any benefit in making the colon
> exception just for rescue/cache libraries? I suppose it makes them
> special in the sense they cannot be used as regular libraries due to
> illegal character in symbol names.

Using a colon does have the side effect of not being able to directly
copy and rename the cache library file as a normal library file and add
it to the symbol library table.  This should no longer be necessary
because I fixed a bug in the rescuer that would not rescue symbols from
the cache when they no longer can be found in the library list prior the
symbol library table and have been removed or renamed after the symbol
library table implementation.

> As I said, I am not familiar with caching/rescue code, but I imagine
> that once eeschema finds "LibraryName:SymbolName" missing, it could
> search for "LibraryName_SymbolName" in rescue/cache libraries. I do not
> insist on a change, just taking an opportunity to learn about caching
> mechanism.

That is a possible solution if we want to make the cache library
relocatable as a normal library and I'm not opposed to this.