Fwd: Re: What are the smallest values for pad paste and mask clearances? Why can't polygon pads not use negative mask clearance?

Forwarded as i accidentally pressed on "Answer" instead of "Answer mailing list":

How would you then design a footprint where you need the paste not to be
centered on the copper area (0201 resistors need this.)?
How would you design a footprint for a part including an exposed pad?
There the paste needs to be split up. (And yes we know our 65% paste
coverage rule will not be right for everyone but it should be ok for
most users.)

How would you design a footprint for a part with a large "exposed" pad
for thermal reasons that has a reduced are where the copper is actually
exposed. (such footprints typically require a different mask clearance
in x and y direction.)

How would you design a part where the copper pad should be a circle but
the paste pad a square? (It seems BGA footprints should be made that way
as it results in better paste stencil separation behavior)

How would you define mask defined pads for example for a BGA? (if 0 is
not a good idea for a clearance setting why should any other number be ok?)