Re: 5.0 RC2 / release status

Hey Jon,

A really nasty bug[1] was putting rc2 on hold.  The commit to fix it was
just made yesterday.  I was just getting ready to make a last call so
hear goes.

I plan on tagging rc2 on Sunday evening barring any more show stoppers.
I have one last bug to fix (template paths) which I should get done by
today or tomorrow.  If anyone else has any bug fixes for rc2, please get
them committed by then.  Once rc2 is tagged, the UI string freeze is
officially in place.  No further UI string changes will be accepted
except for spelling errors until after v5 is released.  The goal is to
give our translators time to finish up the translations for v5 release.
Hopefully this will take less than a month.

Where do we stand on the package front?  Is macos packaging ready to go?
 The goal would be to have everything ready to go within a week or two
of tagging and branching v5.

If any of our doc and library devs are on this mailing list, please
forward this information so we aren't making major changes to the docs
and libraries at the last minute.

Thank you to everyone for all of your hard work.  Your efforts are
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Wayne

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1767826