Re: compiling kicad 4 with python support

Seth, thanks for the reply.

> 1) revision ​30455092c is not KiCad 4.  But perhaps you are trying to do
> something else.  If you wanted KiCad 4, you can checkout the tag with `git
> checkout 4.0.7`
>
> ​​I tried installing kicad4 from the ppa but it didn't have the python
stuff working. So I checked out the source to the version in my most recent
.pro files.​
​

> 2) The variables you show in the build settings after you make and install
> are just defines.  That is, they will match what your cmake -L outputs.
>
> ​I think maybe that forum post is confusing - the part at the end is a
screenshot from the kicad version window - not the output of cmake -L. So
cmake -L shows the options as I define and then after compilation and
(successful sudo) install - the version info still shows they weren't
enabled.

I have since tried cmaking then compile/install from the root source
directory (not ./build/release)​

​and that works! I only enabled the python module but now I have it.​
​ So I'm not doing something correctly
with cmake it seems. To be clear I do this:

mkdir build/release
cd build/release
cmake -D all the options ../../
make
sudo make install

which doesn't work. But

cmake -D all the options
make
sudo make install

does.
Now I'm trying to compile wxPython against gtk2 so I can have the action
menu scripts back.
Thanks,
Matt​

--