Re: Netlist generation for pins with no-connects

On 05.06.2018 16:54, Jon Evans wrote:
it seems a bit like there ought to be a better way to support those needs
Indeed.

but I understand and will maintain that behavior.
Can you also try to fix bug 1704083 caused by assigning different net names to unconnected instances of shared pins in every gate (unit).

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 2:50 AM, jp charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Le 05/06/2018 à 04:38, Jon Evans a écrit :
     > Hi all,
     >
     > In the current netlisting algorithm, pins with no-connects sometimes
    appear in the netlist, with
     > auto-generated names like Net-(U1-Pad1).
     >
     > This seems to not always happen, but I haven't investigated why yet,
    since I'm approaching
     > netlisting from a different direction with my new connectivity
    algorithm.  In my algorithm, a pin
     > with a no-connect attached will never generate an entry in the netlist.
     >
> Is there some reason we should be including these pins on the netlist? It seems like if they are
     > marked as no-connects and don't actually connect to anything, we
    shouldn't be forwarding them to the
     > layout.
     >
     > -Jon

    We *should* forward them to the layout.
    This is the best way to detect if the footprint has missing pads (incorrect
    footprint choice)

-- Jean-Pierre CHARRAS