Netlist generation for pins with no-connects

Hi all,

In the current netlisting algorithm, pins with no-connects sometimes appear
in the netlist, with auto-generated names like Net-(U1-Pad1).

This seems to not always happen, but I haven't investigated why yet, since
I'm approaching netlisting from a different direction with my new
connectivity algorithm.  In my algorithm, a pin with a no-connect attached
will never generate an entry in the netlist.

Is there some reason we should be including these pins on the netlist?  It
seems like if they are marked as no-connects and don't actually connect to
anything, we shouldn't be forwarding them to the layout.

-Jon

Follow ups