Re: 5.1 branch

Jeff,

As a general rule, we merge changes into the development branch and then
merge them into the stable release branch after they have been tested.
In the past this has only been bug fixes so your case is slightly
different.  The problem I see with merging your changes into the 5.1
branch first is that they will not get as much testing as they would if
you merged your changes into the development branch.  I would prefer
that we merge changes into the development branch so that nightly builds
can be used to get some good testing.  Any bug fixes to your changes can
then be merged into the 5.1 branch.  Does anyone see any reason not to
do it this way?

Please do not merge your changes into the development branch just yet.
Orson just fixed a bug and I'm considering retagging v5 to include this fix.

Cheers,

Wayne