Re: Debian packaging issue

Hello Seth,

Am 07.08.18 um 00:12 schrieb Seth Hillbrand:
> Hi Carsten-
>
> I don't know if you follow the bug tracker but there's a debian
> packaging issue that was reported there
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1785630) that would be good to
> get your input on.  At least, I think it's a packaging issue.  Please
> correct me if I'm wrong.

in Debian we use a helper that is called dh_shlibdeps while the
packaging process to detect which libraries are needed as an dependency.
This works not always perfectly and misses some needed libraries
sometimes. Looks like this is happen here, I don't know why.

I'm on vacation right now and have no time to look at this in deep, will
do this once I'm home again.

BTW: I really appreciate if users would report bugs that are obviously a
Debian problem against the Debian BTS system so I can see them. Please
use the tool reportbug [2] for doing this.

[1] https://manpages.debian.org/stretch/debhelper/dh_shlibdeps.1.en.html
[2] https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting.en.html

--
Regards