Re: GAL canvas strategy

Another question:

Right now we have SCH_DRAW_PANEL which inherits from EDA_DRAW_PANEL and EDA_DRAW_PANEL_GAL.  Since EDA_DRAW_PANEL mediates the connection between the drawing canvas and the parent EDA_FRAME, this assumes that all SCH GAL canvasses will be in frames (which isn’t true for dialog previews).

I note that EDA_DRAW_PANEL is in a “legacy_gal” folder.  Does this mean it’s slated to go away?

If not, we could push the SCH-specific parts of drawing from SCH_DRAW_PANEL down into a new class SCH_DRAW_PANEL_GAL, and have SCH_DRAW_PANEL inherit from EDA_DRAW_PANEL and SCH_DRAW_PANEL_GAL.

Thoughts?