← Back to team overview

kicad-developers team mailing list archive

Re: 5.0.1 release status.


I remember that conversation.  We will continue on with 5.0.1 as is.  If
there isn't any other reason to delay, I will make the release
announcement this evening between 7 and 10PM EST with a note about the
Eagle import issue.

Unless there are any other quick hit bug fixes that we want to get in to
the 5.0.2 release, I will tag commit e34dc4ab in the 5.0 repo so we can
start preparing for the next release as soon as possible.  This will be
the shortest time ever between releases for KiCad. ;)



On 10/14/2018 12:13 PM, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> Hello Wayne,
> Am 14.10.18 um 18:05 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
>> I'm fine with pushing the release back another week.  I would rather not
>> release 5.0.1 with this bug.  We have a lot of ex-Eagle users and
>> breaking Eagle import is not good.  I see one of two options here.
>> Retag 5.0.1 with the current changes or release 5.0.2 immediately.
> I guess we already had some discussions in the past about re-use of
> existing tags. :P
> Never ever do this, once a tag was happen it is history, don't touch it
> again. Just proceed with the next tagged version.
> 5.0.1 is already uploaded in Debian to unstable and I can't re-use the
> same version for good reasons.
> It's absolutely no problem to re upload a version 5.0.2 at anytime.