Re: Edit text and graphic properties behavior

Hi,

On 10/16/2018 06:19 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:

>> The “Footprint graphic items” bug was a dyn_cast when a dynamic_cast was needed (dyn_cast doesn’t handle inheritance).

> Do you want me to file a bug report on this or are you going to fix it
> right away?

I have a patch that eliminates dyn_cast<> and replaces all instances
with dynamic_cast<>.

The downside is that since dyn_cast<> explicitly ignores inheritance in
the case of VIA -> TRACK and ZONE -> TRACK, I had to create a new TRACE
class and make TRACK abstract, which means that Python scripts will need
to be adjusted, or we need a compatibility layer here.

I'm planning to submit this to the 6.0 branch once it opens.

   Simon