Re: ideas to improve patch and CI integration

>If the community edition meets the projects needs, all the better.

Yep, should far more than enough. There are definitely some "nicer"
features in the enterprise edition but at the same time its stuff that
isn't be used right now anyway and won't really hurt anything.
For further proof. GNOME uses Gitlab Community Edition now
https://gitlab.gnome.org

> It makes sense to do this in manageable pieces so as not to overload our
great benefactor.

Ah, the way it works is we can deploy and manage the stuff ourselves.