Re: ideas to improve patch and CI integration

Am 2018-10-22 11:22, schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
On 10/22/2018 11:10 AM, Mark Roszko wrote:
If the community edition meets the projects needs, all the better.

Yep, should far more than enough. There are definitely some "nicer"
features in the enterprise edition but at the same time its stuff that
isn't be used right now anyway and won't really hurt anything.
For further proof. GNOME uses Gitlab Community Edition
now https://gitlab.gnome.org

It makes sense to do this in manageable pieces so as not to overload
our great benefactor.

Ah, the way it works is we can deploy and manage the stuff ourselves.

Even setting up gitlab on their servers? If so, that's a sweet deal. I probably should be kept in the loop so I can keep track of what is going
on in the project.

Hi All-

I would love a more modern interface to bug tracking and branch management. I've used a GitLab instance for a number of projects locally and find that it works as expected.

That said, for all of its warts, Launchpad has been remarkable stable with virtually 0 downtime and 0 data loss.

Hosting our own stack sounds like a logistical challenge. While gnome hosts their own, they also pay for a team of sysadmins [1]. Perhaps this also exists in the systems being referenced here but, if not, we might be better off utilizing either GitHub or GitLab directly.

Best-
Seth

[1] https://www.gnome.org/foundation/careers/devops-sysadmin/